Definition of shoemaker in English:
A person who makes shoes and other footwear as a profession.
- The balls were probably made by a souter (a shoemaker or cobbler), whose stitching skills were essential to producing a good ball.
- Quality shoemakers know this and offer a wide range of comfortable footwear options.
- Craftsmen plied their trades as cloth makers, shoemakers, tailors, carpenters, butchers and malt makers while weekly or monthly markets provided an outlet for surplus agricultural produce.
- Example sentences
- For example, a shoemaker would limit his activity to shoemaking.
- A portion of the immigrants were skilled artisans who typically replicated their old-world crafts of shoemaking and repairing, tailoring, carpentry, and barbering.
- In addition, job training and employment opportunities are being offered in various sectors such as shoemaking, furniture manufacturing and tourist goods production.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan