(also shoji screen)
noun (plural same or shojis)
- (In Japan) a sliding outer or inner door made of a latticed screen covered with white paper.More example sentences
- With its faux rice-paper lamps and shoji sliding doors, the street could easily pass for a tidy neighborhood in Tokyo.
- When I got a little too much Asian theme in my house, I covered my shoji screen with the fencing and instantly went tiki!
- There was a shoji screen (a screen that's put up for privacy) blocking his view of the room.
from Japanese shōji.
More definitions of shojiDefinition of shoji in:
- The US English dictionary