- 1A decisive gun battle: we had all got cap pistols for Christmas and gathered in Dr Hadley’s backyard for a shoot-outMore example sentences
- The movie is monotonous and dull, with lots of fiery explosions, perfunctory shoot-outs, and gory battles failing to generate any excitement.
- A number of encounters and shoot-outs have been listed by media.
- The battle, involving about 270 soldiers, resulted in a shoot-out lasting some 20 minutes.
- 1.1 (also penalty shoot-out) Soccer A tiebreaker decided by each side taking a specified number of penalty kicks.More example sentences
- If the match is still level, a penalty shoot-out will decide who faces Sweden or Holland in the semi-final.
- Has a goalkeeper even been sent off for a second yellow card during a penalty shoot-out?
- That's not necessarily so when footballers walk the plank in a penalty shoot-out.
More definitions of shoot-outDefinition of shoot-out in:
- The US English dictionary