nounBritish • dated
- An estate car.More example sentences
- In Scotland ‘brake clubs’ were organised to follow the Glasgow teams, using shooting brakes draped with portraits of players.
- The family never takes holidays abroad, though they do go to the seaside in a shooting brake.
- For about £300,000, for example, you could transform the £112,000 Bentley Continental GT into an exclusive 1920s-style ‘shooting brake’ estate.
More definitions of shooting brakeDefinition of shooting brake in:
- The US English dictionary