- 1A room or fairground booth used for recreational shooting at targets with guns or airguns: they were picked off like plastic ducks in a shooting galleryMore example sentences
- Nothing, it seems, has escaped the bullets, including many religious statues peppered with holes like target figures in a fairground shooting gallery.
- An artist named El Perro (Spanish, I guess) has creating a shooting gallery with an air gun that points at a view of a street corner, with cars and people occasionally passing across the frame.
- Conversely, the undefended pieces of your opponent are like targets in a shooting gallery.
- 1.1North American • informal A place used for taking drugs, especially injecting heroin: he bought a speedball in a shooting gallery in a burned-out Lower East Side buildingMore example sentences
- Measures selected for our first analysis pertain to the question: ‘Among injecting drug users, who is more likely to inject in shooting galleries?’
- Nonetheless, the literature is contradictory in terms of predicting which persons among illicit drug users are more likely to inject in shooting galleries as compared to injecting alone or elsewhere.
- In shooting galleries, drug users are able to illegally rent cubicles to inject drugs.
More definitions of shooting galleryDefinition of shooting gallery in:
- The US English dictionary