noun• informal , chiefly US
- A firearm.More example sentences
- He is acutely aware that cowboy guns, although replicas of 19th century shooting irons, are still lethal weapons, not toys.
- For almost 30 years I've recycled my old tee shirts and used them for cleaning my shooting irons.
- This is not to say if you are looking for an excuse - I mean a reason - to get a new shooting iron, that you shouldn't seize this opportunity to get one that is ‘just right.’
More definitions of shooting ironDefinition of shooting iron in:
- The US English dictionary