- A war in which there is armed conflict as opposed to mere threats, propaganda, or sanctions.More example sentences
- Since 1749, wholesale prices rose 1.4 percent per year on average, but 12 percent in war years - including shooting wars, the Cold War - while declining 1.3 percent annually in peacetime.
- What is the only shooting war that NATO has fought?
- Like radioactive fallout, the affects of cyber warfare can devastate economies and civilizations long after the shooting war is over.
More definitions of shooting warDefinition of shooting war in:
- The US English dictionary