nounNorth American • informal
- A person who shoots, especially a marksman.More example sentences
- One of their sponsors is a store catering to shootists, and the ad offers ‘machine gun rentals.’
- It began with an aluminum alloy frame, barrel shroud and yoke, which is a remarkable feat of engineering skill, but knowledgeable shootists have been expecting something like this for years.
- Knowledgeable shootists realize the value of a large-frame revolver and have mourned the loss of this full figured six-gun ever since.
More definitions of shootistDefinition of shootist in:
- The US English dictionary