noun[mass noun, often as modifier]
- 1The purchasing of goods from shops: a busy shopping areaMore example sentences
- An additional escalator will be installed to take people up to the new shopping area.
- The centre is a big part of Bradford's shopping area so it isn't good that some shops are empty.
- A power cut on the busiest shopping day of the week affected both businesses and residents in Kendal.
- 1.1Goods bought from shops, especially food and household goods: a bag of shoppingMore example sentences
- The only evidence of them staying up late was the bags of shopping that were on the table.
- Coming the other direction were loads of people all carrying huge bags of shopping and duvets bought at Morrisons.
- She was seen heaving heavy bags of shopping through the Christmas crowds in North London three days after giving birth to her first child.
More definitions of shoppingDefinition of shopping in:
- The US English dictionary