- A widespread lark of open country, especially the Arctic and mountains, the male having a black and white head pattern and two small black horn-like crests.
More example sentences
- Genus Eremophila, family Alaudidae: two species, in particular E. alpestris. North American name: horned lark
- In this respect they have behaved in much the same way as shorelarks, while waxwings also have become much more frequent visitors from Scandinavia in the same period.
- The Norfolk coast, renowned for its wealth of wintering wildfowl and waders, continues to attract parties of ever-elusive and enigmatic shorelarks.
- During the winter of 1992, shorelarks appeared at Benacre, Breydon Water, Blakeney Point and Titchwell.
More definitions of shorelarkDefinition of shorelark in:
- The US English dictionary