- Denoting a blow or throw executed with the arm not fully extended or with motion from the elbow only: with a short-arm swing and a snap of the wrist, he shattered the sentry’s skullMore example sentences
- His cuts and pulls - Jayasuriya's most fearsome strokes - are no more than short-arm jabs, with his powerful forearms and wrists coming into play.
- This explains why he is so strong on the cut and the pull; like Jayasuriya he can use the short-arm method, cashing in on the slightest errors in either width or length.
- He also has a deceptive, short-arm delivery that is hard to pick up.
More definitions of short-armDefinition of short-arm in:
- The US English dictionary