- A score in which the parts are condensed on to a small number of staves.More example sentences
- Open-score systems were used in Italy from the early 16th century, whereas French and Italian keyboard sources tended to use short scores with staves of from five to eight lines.
- It consists of a sonata-allegro, complete in full score except for the last 17 bars; the short score of a slow movement; and fragments of a rondo finale.
- I do not write a short score and then orchestrate.
More definitions of short scoreDefinition of short score in:
- The US English dictionary