- (In bridge or whist) a holding of only one or two cards of one suit in a hand.More example sentences
- A short suit containing the ace is preferable to a longer suit of intermediate cards; a suit containing the ace and two, for two sure points, is ideal.
- If the tie can't be broken (both short suits have exactly the same value cards), the bonus isn't given.
- In trump contracts, the defenders should first and foremost avoid letting the declarer win tricks with kings and queens in short suits.
More definitions of short suitDefinition of short suit in:
- The US English dictionary