nounUS • military slang
- A person nearing the end of their period of military service.More example sentences
- Instead, he took a demoralized company of short-timers at Fort Knox who were suffering from a Vietnam hangover and made them the best on post - a major challenge in 1970 when our Army was teetering on the edge of anarchy.
- Their army being what it is, there aren't enough tan desert combat fatigues to go around, so short-timers who are counting the remainder of their tours in days and not weeks have to turn theirs in and resort to relish greens.
- If you're among the short-timers, it's time to get a grip on what you'll spend in retirement.
More definitions of short-timerDefinition of short-timer in:
- The US English dictionary