- A high waist on a woman’s dress or a person’s body: ladies in short waists and large hatsMore example sentences
- A short walking skirt, short waist, and low-heeled shoes make an excellent combination.
- Large arm cut-outs and a short waist allow excellent freedom of movement.
- Leg-of-mutton sleeves and short waists are dead.
- More example sentences
- I had two bridesmaids, one a petite size 4, and the other a short-waisted size 14.
- Still shirtless, Ashton was now wearing a short-waisted, highly embroidered bullfighter's jacket.
- I happen to be very short-waisted with a curvy figure.
More definitions of short waistDefinition of short waist in:
- The US English dictionary