Definition of short waist in English:
A high waist on a woman’s dress or a person’s body: ladies in short waists and large hats
More example sentences
- A short walking skirt, short waist, and low-heeled shoes make an excellent combination.
- Large arm cut-outs and a short waist allow excellent freedom of movement.
- Leg-of-mutton sleeves and short waists are dead.
- Example sentences
- I had two bridesmaids, one a petite size 4, and the other a short-waisted size 14.
- Still shirtless, Ashton was now wearing a short-waisted, highly embroidered bullfighter's jacket.
- I happen to be very short-waisted with a curvy figure.
Definition of short waist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan