- A deficit of something required or expected: they are facing an expected $10 billion shortfall in revenueMore example sentences
- We have now been told by our insurer that a shortfall is likely and we were not warned at the outset.
- If your investment performs badly you could face a shortfall at the end of the mortgage term.
- The group may be forced to bridge the shortfall by selling some of its assets or securing more debt.
More definitions of shortfallDefinition of shortfall in:
- The US English dictionary