Definition of shot-put in English:
An athletic contest in which a very heavy round ball is thrown as far as possible.
- We had a lot of pride in his performance in the shot-put and discus and in his gold medals and records.
- Some of his shorter throws are delivered in a shot-put motion, as if the ball is filled with a heavy liquid.
- Among the track and field events were the 100 metres, shot-put, high jump, and javelin.
- Example sentences
- The Auckland shot-putter has been hot property on the international circuit this season.
- First she chooses to marry a shot-putter who is involved in steroid use.
- Someone will use it to build a better sprinter or shot-putter.
Definition of shot-put in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India