- A tower in which shot was made from molten lead poured through sieves at the top and falling into water at the bottom.More example sentences
- The first shot tower in America was built in 1808 in Philadelphia.
- Most of the shot towers erected in the present day are built 200 feet in height, whereas this is but 112 feet.
- The first shot tower in the world was built on Redcliffe Hill by plumber William Watts.
More definitions of shot towerDefinition of shot tower in:
- The US English dictionary