(also shotgun wedding)
- An enforced or hurried wedding, especially because the bride is pregnant: • figurative their vision of Europe is fundamentally different from ours and a shotgun marriage would be in nobody’s interestsMore example sentences
- Fewer pregnant single women are opting for a shotgun wedding, as well.
- They decided to get married months ago, so it's not a shotgun wedding, guys!
- The couple didn't so much mind the shotgun wedding, but it created a nightmare of paperwork and legal wrangling.
More definitions of shotgun marriageDefinition of shotgun marriage in:
- The US English dictionary