Definition of shotmaking in English:
The playing of aggressive or decisive strokes in tennis, golf, and other games.
- By turns he excited the crowd with his shotmaking and then tortured them with his arguments.
- You will eventually run out of room on the approach and lane, so creative shotmaking comes into play.
- Tiger has tilted the playing field from one based on finesse and shotmaking to one in which power is paramount.
- 1shotmaker noun
- Example sentences
- Alister Mackenzie and Bobby Jones regarded her as the greatest shotmaker they had known.
- There are lots of guys out there now who aren't prodigious hitters of the golf ball but are wonderful shotmakers.
- But Bobby was not just a crowd-pleaser, he was a fierce competitor, too, and a genius of a shotmaker.
Definition of shotmaking in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.