Definition of shotmaking in English:
The playing of aggressive or decisive strokes in tennis, golf, and other games.
- By turns he excited the crowd with his shotmaking and then tortured them with his arguments.
- You will eventually run out of room on the approach and lane, so creative shotmaking comes into play.
- Tiger has tilted the playing field from one based on finesse and shotmaking to one in which power is paramount.
- Example sentences
- Alister Mackenzie and Bobby Jones regarded her as the greatest shotmaker they had known.
- There are lots of guys out there now who aren't prodigious hitters of the golf ball but are wonderful shotmakers.
- But Bobby was not just a crowd-pleaser, he was a fierce competitor, too, and a genius of a shotmaker.
Definition of shotmaking in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan