Definition of shoulder charge in English:
A charge made leading with the shoulder.
- A Lions' player ran into his own man and the touch judge erroneously cited Gareth for a shoulder charge.
- Meissner gets a yellow card for a bone-crunching shoulder charge on Capucho.
- An aggressive Conlon managed to win the ball from the dallying Hobson with a good old fashioned shoulder charge.
verbBack to top
(shoulder-charge) [with object] Charge at (a person or obstacle) with the shoulder first: she shoulder-charged the door, and found herself in a moonlit room
More example sentences
- And in the second half they made the Springboks look like ants trying to shoulder-charge a wall.
- There was none of the dainty physical frailty usually associated with small wingers as he robustly shoulder-charged Thomas Flogel during one early tussle for possession.
- But the Jones were undeterred and with the help of fellow eye-witness David Storey, who shoulder-charged the burglar kept hold of him until police arrived.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.