Definition of shoulder surfing in English:
noun[mass noun] informal
The practice of spying on the user of a cash-dispensing machine or other electronic device in order to obtain their personal identification number, password, etc.
- Bushell believes suggestions that chip and PIN will lead to an increase in shoulder-surfing and street robbery is ridiculous scaremongering.
- Provided that these brain signals can be recorded and processed in an accurate and repeatable way, a pass-thought system might provide a quasi two-factor, changeable, authentication method resistant to shoulder-surfing.
shoulder surfer noun
- Example sentences
- Be on the lookout for "shoulder surfers" when using automated teller machines.
- Once they've captured your PIN, the shoulder surfers will try to steal your wallet or purse so they can get your ATM card.
- Beware of shoulder surfers when you go to the ATM.
Definition of shoulder surfing in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan