- 1Side by side: everyone is bunched together shoulder to shoulderMore example sentences
- Side by side they stood, shoulder to shoulder, and with their hats held to their chests.
- I was shoulder to shoulder with Connor on one side, Drew on the other.
- In battle, Dave says, he and his brothers-in-arms would have stood shoulder to shoulder, left side forward, shields locked, spears angled above the shield wall to jab at the enemy.
- 1.1Acting together towards a common aim; with united effort: we fought shoulder to shoulder with the rest of the countryMore example sentences
- Do they not stand there, shoulder to shoulder, united as a team for a united South Africa?
- New York is a city of neighborhoods, of people working together, shoulder to shoulder.
- One year ago I said to you that our country was correct to stand shoulder to shoulder with the United States.
More definitions of shoulder to shoulderDefinition of shoulder to shoulder in:
- The US English dictionary