- (Especially in hip-hop or dance music) a mention, credit, or greeting, typically one made over the radio or during a live performance: do you have any shout-outs to the homies in Europe?More example sentences
- There's just time for a shout-out to his granny, who has a cold and couldn't make it tonight.
- The bass throughout is astonishingly deep and clear, and for the first time in my reviewing career I feel compelled to give a shout-out to the mastering engineer.
- The diminutive bassist was actually getting a healthy dose of shout-outs from the audience, which led Danko to protest at one point that ‘I am a jealous man!’
More definitions of shout-outDefinition of shout-out in:
- The US English dictionary