- (Of a building project) at the stage where workers can be employed and construction can begin: one of the goals of this bill is to get funding into infrastructure projects that are shovel-readyMore example sentences
- We've got shovel-ready projects all across the country.
- The good news for hospitals limping along in the recession is the new federal stimulus package could feature money for shovel-ready projects.
- But a spokesperson for the department tells us they don't officially use the term shovel-ready.
More definitions of shovel-readyDefinition of shovel-ready in:
- The US English dictionary