- A judicial trial held in public with the intention of influencing or satisfying public opinion, rather than of ensuring justice.More example sentences
- I doubt these people realize that what they're demanding in their outrage over the absence of a guilty verdict is a Stalinist show trial where the outcome is pre-determined and artificial closure is assured.
- The two soldiers were also victims because they were charged solely to please Korean public, like a show trial.
- Now the government and the police are clearly determined to proceed with a major show trial, making it a test case for the right to free speech, as well as the rights to organize and demonstrate.
More definitions of show trialDefinition of show trial in:
- The US English dictionary