Definition of showbiz in English:
noun[mass noun] informal
Short for show business. some of the biggest names in showbiz [as modifier]: tributes poured in from showbiz stars
More example sentences
- So says Shawn Levy in his book on the Sinatra-led showbiz clan known as the Rat Pack.
- The years roll by and each takes its toll bringing with it some well known names from the showbiz scene.
- Milind is not stuck with the showbiz world and is aware of the murky happenings in the society around.
- Example sentences
- What Riverdance manages to do is take that and put it on a grander scale, make it showbizzy.
- And it was here we had our memorable, showbizzy moment at the Da Romana Trattoria on Via Galuppi.
- Although Geoffrey's surname was actually Bragg, he changed it to the more showbizzy Kendal after his town or origin.
Words that rhyme with showbizlaches • Marches • breeches
Definition of showbiz in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.