- A type of Japanese soy sauce.More example sentences
- All are eaten with distinct condiments, including gari (pickled sliced ginger), wasabi and shoyu (soy sauce).
- In October 1945, black market prices for miso (bean paste) and shoyu (soy sauce) were forty-five times higher than official prices.
- If you've spent any time in Japan and so have tasted genuine traditionally brewed shoyu (soy sauce), there is of course no substitute.
from Japanese shōyu.
More definitions of shoyuDefinition of shoyu in:
- The US English dictionary