- 1A boat designed or used for catching shrimps: the boat had been converted from a seventy-two-foot shrimperMore example sentences
- It was a far cry from the shrimpers' boat George had grown up on.
- The next afternoon, the boats line up on Newport's Yaquina Bay: trollers and crabbers, long-liners and shrimpers, draggers, charters, and pleasure craft.
- According to the Southeastern Fisheries Association in Tallahassee, Florida, nearly 5,000 shrimpers trawled the Gulf a decade ago.
- 2A person who fishes for shrimps: regular shrimpers use home-made netsMore example sentences
- Federal officials are moving toward a moratorium on licensing shrimpers to fish in Gulf waters under federal jurisdiction.
- In the southern states along the Gulf Coast, Vietnamese fishermen and shrimpers play an important role in the fishing industry.
- We spent the day on the little island, populated by fishermen and shrimpers who lived in stilt houses.
More definitions of shrimperDefinition of shrimper in:
- The US English dictionary