Definition of shrink-wrap in English:
1Package (an article) by enclosing it in clinging transparent plastic film that shrinks tightly on to it: (as adjective shrink-wrapped) shrink-wrapped blocks of cheese
More example sentences
- Meanwhile, the company shrink-wrapping luggage in plastic is doing a roaring trade.
- Do I really need to point out the idiocy of shrink-wrapping our houses?
- A small, field-deployable unit vacuum shrink-wraps the items and wraps them in a thin but high-tensile-strength Kevlar expendable harness.
1.1 (as adjective shrink-wrapped) Computing (Of a product) sold commercially as a ready-made software package.
- The company is trying to reduce the number of applications it uses and to standardise on shrink-wrapped items.
- They buy lots of what Gartner's David Schehr calls shrink-wrapped goods: books, DVDs, CDs and software.
- We thought we would be able to do that using shrink-wrapped software, but we found that we needed to develop software to enable us to manage that amount of information.
noun[mass noun] Back to top
Clinging transparent plastic film used to enclose an article as packaging.
- Using containers to move sustainment cargo provides significant benefits over alternatives such as breakbulk pallets, cargo nets, and plastic shrink-wrap.
- He enclosed about 70 percent of the tube in shrink-wrap plastic.
- In fact, it even described how the body was wrapped in some kind of shrink-wrap paper.
Definition of shrink-wrap in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia