Definition of shroff in English:
1Indian A banker or money changer.
- All banks and houses of shroffs were denied the right to issue promissory notes and coin mints.
- This the shroffs could apparently test with their long little finger nails to hear the true ring of silver.
- Raw materials were provided by shroffs in the city to four out of six establishments in the sample and the artisans charged wages for the manufacture of the ornaments.
2SE Asian A cashier.
- Ching said car parks usually give some sort of grace period to take into consideration the time it takes drivers to walk to the shroff's office, pay their fees in cash, and return to their cars to drive away.
- Another 1,000 part-time positions, including sell-pay shroffs and telebet operators, will also be offered.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.