- A goldfish of an ornamental variety, having black spots, red patches, and long fins and tail.More example sentences
- They said that they had seen shubunkins with the beautiful colors and they couldn't detect scales.
- Both comets and shubunkins work well in most ponds and require a lot less maintenance than koi.
- I have no experience with the crossbreeding of commons and shubunkins so it's just a guess on my behalf.
early 20th century: from Japanese.
More definitions of shubunkinDefinition of shubunkin in:
- The US English dictionary