- 1.1A railway worker engaged in shunting: one of the shunters rode on the engineMore example sentences
- Railway shunters, pointsmen, signalmen and yardmasters began an indefinite strike at midnight on August 5, demanding the immediate settlement of salary anomalies.
- More than 800 railway shunters, signal operators and pointsmen from 10 stations across Sri Lanka struck for 24 hours on May 26 to demand a salary increase.
- Arthur, now 73 was working as a shunter in the railways and Alma, 69 worked as a credit assistant at the Morses store in Swindon.
More definitions of shunterDefinition of shunter in:
- The US English dictionary