- The nominal time for which a shutter is open at a given setting.More example sentences
- In shutter-priority mode you choose the shutter speed and the camera selects an appropriate corresponding aperture.
- In the technique called panning, you use a slow shutter speed and move the camera to follow your subject.
- Base your exposure on the existing light conditions, using a small aperture and the longest shutter speed available.
More definitions of shutter speedDefinition of shutter speed in:
- The US English dictionary