Definition of sick call in English:
1A visit to a sick person, typically one made by a doctor or priest.
- When a patient calls Kaiser for a sick appointment, they're given an appointment with the doctor who is on duty for sick calls that day - not necessarily their own doctor.
- There is a Foxford story of Fr. Foy and another priest out on a sick call when they came to a flooded river they couldn't cross.
- The codependent wife, on the other hand, will compromise her personal integrity and make the sick call for her husband.
2 Military A summons for those reporting sick to attend for treatment.
- Under the scheme all army vets attending sick calls twenty miles from home will be paid a fee of E30.
- But his company commander, says that Brown reported to sick call shortly after arriving in Kuwait, complaining of leg and back pain.
- The enlisted soldiers life was regulated by bugle calls: the daily routine included breakfast, dinner, and supper calls; fatigue call, drill call, stable and water calls, sick call, and taps.
Definition of sick call in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India