- 1Excessively or unpleasantly sweet: sickly-sweet candy-flossMore example sentences
- We also ordered a side salad with a dressing which was almost sickly sweet.
- I can't abide the sickly sweet flavour of parsnips.
- I LOATHE the new-fangled, sickly sweet, vodka-based mixes with silly names that fill the fridges in trendy bars.
- 1.1Excessively sentimental or mawkish: a sickly-sweet teen road-trip movieMore example sentences
- They tell us how sickly sweet we are together.
- Even during rather tense scenes, the music was sickly sweet, laid on thick with little subtlety.
- I found this novel to contain more bittersweet than sickly sweet parts.
More definitions of sickly-sweetDefinition of sickly-sweet in:
- The US English dictionary