- A plant of the mallow family, native to tropical and warm regions.
More example sentences
- Genus Sida, family Malvaceae
- There is a big weed problem here, where there's thousands of acres, hectares of fields just supporting woody perennial weeds, sida and hyptis being among the worst of them.
- Especially prized unusual plants such as crested sida, hairy wachendorfia, Norfolk-island lagunaea, prickly-leaved massonia, sweet-scented tritonia, and winged-podded sophora.
- Bill gates dose many goods in this world he will personal cure cancer and sida with his fondation.
modern Latin, from Greek sidē 'pomegranate tree', also 'water lily'.