- A herbaceous North American plant of the mallow family, several kinds of which are cultivated as ornamentals.
More example sentences
- Genus Sidalcea, family Malvaceae
- The soft pinks of sidalceas and anisodonteas combine brilliantly with the crisp white of shasta daisies and snow drop anemones to create the ultimate romantic garden.
- I dug it out of the gravel border as it began to sidle into the sidalceas.
- Entering through the dense hedges is irresistibly romantic, as are the thatched barn, granite tower, and blousy herbaceous planting, at its peak in July with sidalceas, astilbes and dioramas, to draw you onward.
modern Latin, from Sida + Alcea, names of related genera.
More definitions of sidalceaDefinition of sidalcea in:
- The US English dictionary