Definition of siddhi in English:
noun (plural siddhis)Hinduism
1 [mass noun] Complete understanding; enlightenment.
- It is profoundly significant that the epic declares her to be the incarnation of siddhi, fulfilment.
- Acquiring siddhi through Tantric discipline does not really rely on a physical partnership because transcendence relies on devotional practices and surrendering of the ego.
- They called it siddhi, an altered consciousness.
2A paranormal power possessed by a siddha.
- It is easy to attain all of the siddhis (yoga powers).
- Gurudeva was blessed with special siddhis, or psychic powers.
- In the Hindu Upanishads, the soul's flight in the sky appears as one of the six siddhis or supernormal powers attained by the enlightened.
Definition of siddhi in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan