Definition of siddhi in English:
noun (plural siddhis)Hinduism
1 [mass noun] Complete understanding; enlightenment.
- It is profoundly significant that the epic declares her to be the incarnation of siddhi, fulfilment.
- Acquiring siddhi through Tantric discipline does not really rely on a physical partnership because transcendence relies on devotional practices and surrendering of the ego.
- They called it siddhi, an altered consciousness.
2A paranormal power possessed by a siddha.
- It is easy to attain all of the siddhis (yoga powers).
- Gurudeva was blessed with special siddhis, or psychic powers.
- In the Hindu Upanishads, the soul's flight in the sky appears as one of the six siddhis or supernormal powers attained by the enlightened.
Definition of siddhi in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.