- A subsidiary chapel opening off the side aisle in a large church.More example sentences
- Although he is now officially retired and is known as the Archbishop Emeritus of Cape Town, Tutu celebrates the Eucharist in a side chapel of the cathedral at 7.15 every Friday morning whenever he is in town.
- He modestly claims that his Crivellis, which are tucked away in a side chapel of the cathedral, are better than any of the 11 hanging in the National Gallery in London.
- After his death, probably from tuberculosis, he was buried in a common grave, but a memorial tablet was set up to him in Pozzuoli Cathedral and in 1890 this was transferred to a side chapel dedicated as his burial chapel.
More definitions of side chapelDefinition of side chapel in:
- The US English dictionary