- A plate smaller than a dinner plate, used for bread or other accompaniments to a meal.More example sentences
- An alarming spill of red pepper-tinted olive oil floods the hills and valleys of this dish, but I say pour it off onto a side plate and enjoy the dish's own flavor pyrotechnics, which are a blast.
- Two bowls, a tiny side plate, a pair of chopsticks and a cloth square were all wrapped in another square like an Oriental version of the mess kit she used in Girl Guides.
- Two slices of toast, a pat of butter and a blob of marmalade were on a side plate accompanied by a glass of ice water.
More definitions of side plateDefinition of side plate in:
- The US English dictionary