noun (plural sidemen)
- A supporting musician in a jazz band or rock group.More example sentences
- A favourite sideman of Charles Mingus in the early 1960s, Ervin went on to form one of contemporary jazz's great quartets and recorded a series of seminal albums including The Freedom Book and The Space Book.
- Do you think you could ever be a sideman in someone else's band?
- Duke Ellington brought an elegance to jazz composition that earned the respect of classical musicians, as well as the sidemen in his own band.
More definitions of sidemanDefinition of sideman in:
- The US English dictionary