noun[mass noun] North American
- Salt pork or bacon, typically cut from the side of the pig.More example sentences
- All the trimmings from the cutting table - from the hams, shoulders, and sidemeat or pork - go to the skinning table.
- Hams, shoulders, and sidemeat were cured for customers using each person's individual hogs and the first hams and sidemeat were cured in a converted outbuilding behind Carl's house.
- Jars or barrels would be stocked with sausage, headcheese and pickled pork, and hams, bacon and sidemeat were cured and hung from rafters for future use.
More definitions of sidemeatDefinition of sidemeat in:
- The US English dictionary