- Of or with respect to the distant stars (i.e. the constellations or fixed stars, not the sun or planets).More example sentences
- Fixed stars continued to be used as reference points throughout the Middle Ages, and even Copernicus measured positions in a sidereal zodiac beginning from the fixed star Mesartim.
- Slightly brighter today is Alpherg, which is taken as the starting point for the sidereal zodiac.
- In the first sphere across the zodiac we see twelve sidereal animals.
mid 17th century: from Latin sidereus (from sidus, sider- 'star') + -al.
More definitions of siderealDefinition of sidereal in:
- The US English dictionary