- The time it takes the moon to orbit once around the earth with respect to the stars (approximately 27 1/ 4 days).More example sentences
- How would the synodic and sidereal months differ if the moon orbited the Earth in the opposite direction?
- During the sidereal months of Sagittarius and Capricorn, the Sun is nearest to the earth.
- Thus, a lunar month is longer than a sidereal month by about 1/12 th of a month, or two-and-a-half days roughly.
More definitions of sidereal monthDefinition of sidereal month in:
- The US English dictionary