- The period of revolution of one body about another with respect to the distant stars.More example sentences
- Each year is still equivalent to the sidereal period of the Earth, one revolution around the Sun.
- He discovered that in 7 cycles of 12 years, Jupiter had completed seven and one twelfth orbits, giving its sidereal period as 11.859 years (accurate to within one part in 4000).
- The names of our weekdays, and the fact that there are seven of them, probably reflect astrological assumptions concerning the significance of the sidereal periods of the planets.
More definitions of sidereal periodDefinition of sidereal period in:
- The US English dictionary