- Smoke that passes from a cigarette into the surrounding air, rather than into the smoker’s lungs: asthmatics experience a significant decline in lung function when exposed to sidestream smokeMore example sentences
- There is no ventilation system that reduces or eliminates the carcinogenic products of second-hand smoke or the sidestream smoke from cigarette smoking.
- Many potentially toxic gases are present in higher concentrations in sidestream smoke than in mainstream smoke and nearly 85 per cent of the smoke in a room results from sidestream smoke.
- Ventilation systems certainly do work in terms of removing the irritants in cigarette smoke, but they do not remove the carcinogens in sidestream smoke.
More definitions of sidestream smokeDefinition of sidestream smoke in:
- The US English dictionary