Definition of sight-read in English:
Read and perform (music) from sheet music, without preparation: by the time he was seven, Mozart could sight-read anything he was given [no object]: most of us couldn’t sight-read
More example sentences
- I am not a bad pianist, know a lot of music and can sight-read anything with ease.
- Emily put the piece back on the stand and sight-read the music with the rest of the band.
- I don't sight-read music though I have just been able to follow the score quite easily.
- Example sentences
- My vision is to have a renewed interest in creating better music sight-readers.
- Proficient instrumental sight-readers develop a good grasp of intervallic relationships and the rhythmic shaping of phrases as well as sensitivity to dynamics and other expression marks.
- My position was also different from other students' because I was a rather good pianist and sight-reader.
Definition of sight-read in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan