Definition of sight-read in English:
Read and perform (music) from sheet music, without preparation: by the time he was seven, Mozart could sight-read anything he was given [no object]: most of us couldn’t sight-read
More example sentences
- I am not a bad pianist, know a lot of music and can sight-read anything with ease.
- Emily put the piece back on the stand and sight-read the music with the rest of the band.
- I don't sight-read music though I have just been able to follow the score quite easily.
- Example sentences
- My vision is to have a renewed interest in creating better music sight-readers.
- Proficient instrumental sight-readers develop a good grasp of intervallic relationships and the rhythmic shaping of phrases as well as sensitivity to dynamics and other expression marks.
- My position was also different from other students' because I was a rather good pianist and sight-reader.
Definition of sight-read in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.