- A hound originally bred to hunt independently from humans, such as a greyhound or a whippet.More example sentences
- Greyhound life expectancy is usually only about 10 years for one his size, and they are also a notorious breed for not doing as well under anesthesia, in fact there is a separate protocol vets follow for putting sighthounds under.
- Our work of supporting sighthounds and sighthound rescue is in line with out first aim; To assist the rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of abused, neglected and stray sighthounds.
- Steeped in the traditions, politics and intrigues of the royal courts of the ancient world, sighthounds have always been admired by royalty for their beauty, speed, endurance, agility, efficiency, and dignity.
More definitions of sighthoundDefinition of sighthound in:
- The US English dictionary