- An experimental shot to guide shooters in adjusting their sights: • figurative their bid for the company is only a sighting shotMore example sentences
- At this stage of the war gunners had to fire ‘sighting shots ' to ensure accuracy before opening a bombardment.
- There is an immovable sight-in target that allows unlimited sighting shots to get adjustments on target.
- Casey shot the remanded five sighting shots before waiting for the other and reloading the magazine.
More definitions of sighting shotDefinition of sighting shot in:
- The US English dictionary